Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 13, 2004

This will be my first email post. Hopefully this'll work -- I won't know until tomorrow sometime.

Tonight's Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu sparring record: 3 for 5.

I don't know how I got STRETCH ARMSTRONG, although he was having a bad night. He lost one later to SPEAKMAN. Hell, DATU_S tapped to him, too, for that matter. Anyway, I finally got the ankle lock down!

I actually sparred SPEAKMAN twice. First time, there wasn't much rolling. I sank a guillotine and that was all she wrote. The second time, he was out for revenge. I don't know how he got an armbar on me; he wasn't even planted anywhere. All I know was that I knew he was trying it, and I thought I was countering. Then all of a sudden, I felt pain. I hope I didn't panic anyone, but it sucked bad enough for me to yelp.

I got a tap out of DATU_S. He did have the advantage most of the time, but I finally got the mount and again remembered the tried-and-true armbar from there. I wasn't fast enough to do it clean. He countered and held me off for quite awhile until I managed to counter his counter and force the tap.

The last bit of club was rubber-knife sparring with STRETCH ARMSTRONG. We managed to kill each other several times over. What can you say, that's what happens in knife fights.




__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Movies - Buy advance tickets for 'Shrek 2'
http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes/movie?mid=1808405861