Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 30, 2004

I'm still suffering from the cough that just won't die. Plus, I somehow managed to find myself working in the coldest parts of my job. So, between sickness and my few moments of health spent working, I haven't had time to post.

In any case, judging by the counter, I see that someone who shall remain nameless has been anxiously checking out the blog here, most likely waiting to see if I'd write about my past Club session. I'm surprised to find only one IP address; I half-expected all of Club to be reading this thing by now as the aforementioned nameless person let slip the fact that I keep these notes ;).

Anyway, the "highlight" of the last session was one of the Krav Maga-style self-defense drills I participated in. In this particular drill, DATU_B and I stood, eyes closed and back to back, waiting for a "Go" signal, whereupon an "environmental weapon" would simultaneously be thrown in.

The "Go" was sounded, my eyes opened and immediately focused on the environmental weapon at my feet instead of my opponent who then, after a moment's hesitation, cold-cocked me with a right cross.

Ouch.

Note to self: next time, don't try to use the rules of the simulation to your advantage.

0 comments: