Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 06, 2004

I'm making this a separate post instead of lumping this in with the last one.

Like I wrote, for one reason of another my powers of analysis pertaining to my martial arts has been growing. I guess people in my old club would tell you I had that already, but I've noticed a definite improvement. Very recently, I read somewhere about how studying different arts can lead to insights about your own art and I've found that to be true.

For the past few weeks, I've made it a practice to sit with my notebook for a good hour or so after club and go over whatever I did in Club. What we did, what I learned, what it relates to, etc. etc. It's just cool watching the thing develop.

It wasn't until my Tuesday night time that I realized I was inadvertently doing something potentially disturbing for the past couple of sessions: detailing strengths and weaknesses of each individual member I've sparred or observed. I'd detail them a bit here, but hey... one of them might become brainwashed by the Legion of Doom or something, and need to be taken down. Hey, it can happen...

0 comments: