Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 21, 2004

The World of Medicine - E is having her surgery in the next town over this Tuesday. Hopefully, that trick knee of hers will get better and I can finally teach her all the kung-fu she's been itching to learn for months. It's hard to do a horse stance, though, when your knee's likely to give out. Of course, she's been talking over the past week about wanting to do yoga along with her Tai Chi. Great, she'll develop her internal energy to the point where she knocks on the door of enlightenment and fires chi from her hands a la Dragonball Z while I'm incurring all this karmic debt from the joy I take in sparring with bladed weapons.

Aw, but knives are fun, though. Oh well.

Once Upon a Time in Athens - Last week at club went well; only DATU_B and myself were there, so we got in a decent amount of FMA work. And then came my next steps into the world of Muay Thai -- shin blocks. Yes, it still hurts. Yes, E questions the point of this type of training. Yes, I'll keep on doing it. Why? Because even though my ability to walk was temporarily hampered, I saw a new summit that I could reach in my martial arts training.

"A new body... at last!"* - Ladies and gentlemen... the Ninth Doctor.

*The Master, Doctor Who: The Keeper of Traken

0 comments: