Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 05, 2004

ITEM CTA
Re: SPEAKMAN's behavior that I recorded last time, DATU B (Yes, I've decided that from this point on, any reference to an officer of the club will be the title datu (chief) and a letter.) had this comment, made before he read any reference to it on my blog.
...I wanted to say, "The only time I need your help is if you're better than me, and you don't have your $hi+ together."
And here, I thought it was just my observation, combined with my judgement which was clouded with frustration.

ITEM II
More BJJ techniques, and once again with a (different) serious partner! I've finally shaken the confusion behind applying paintbrushes, partly because I got to try it from different positions other than the mount. I learned another escape from the guard that I can add to my repertoire.

I learned another valuable lesson -- how ingrained it became for me to lock ankles when I have someone in the guard. It's just the way I had been trained prior to now. I never realized how easy I could be submitted from there.

Valuable Lesson #2 -- the art of the grind. I realize that it's a mostly illegal move, but hell. That's another thing about my previous training. I was never taught grinding.

ITEM III
I got to play with a serrada-length stick. Me likey serrada-length!

ITEM IV - LIVE AT CARNEGIE HALL
I still suck at Pekiti-Tirsia drills. It's made me respect knives more, though. I never considered myself a knife fighter, and I certainly was never one of those cocky tae kwon do "Oh, if someone attacks me with a knife, I can kick it out of their hands" people. But I thought if I couldn't evade, my "feeble skills" would be worth something.

Well, screw that. Pull a knife, and I'm running, probably while screaming like a girl. I wouldn't fancy my chances even if I had a weapon.

Eh, well... practice, practice, practice. And maybe inter-weaving leather cords into my wardrobe wouldn't be a bad idea either, what with everybody and his sister around this town walking around with tactical folders.

0 comments: