Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Yesterday was another fun session of BJJ techniques with my friend Mr. SPEAKMAN as my partner. For some undisclosed reason, he couldn't stay more than 30 minutes after the start of club, but proceeded to hog me for every second of his stay. What was more frustrating was screwing up a takedown -- I probably only performed it correctly twice out of ten times. The worst part was that I really can't blame SPEAKMAN in any way for it.

Ah, the joys of FMA footwork. The drills we did last club really tied things together for me, as far as how strikes and blocks tie into your footwork.

We FMA folks joined up with the shill... shillal... the Irish stick people (it's late, and I just got in from work) for the last bit of class. Somehow, I got the idea that there'd be a bit of sparring involved, but instead we got samples of each systems techniques, including takedowns.

Yes, if somehow my knowledge of FMA somehow reaches any sort of plateau during my time in Athens, I may just have to give the shill... Irish stick a try.

0 comments: