Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 26, 2004

Has it really been 5 days since I blogged last? Well, that's ok. It's not like there's been much to life this past week except for helping E recuperate after her successful knee surgery.

The Bees Knees - The part afterward was the scariest, though. She should've probably stayed at the medical center a bit longer before being discharged. Yes, they wanted her out quick, but they would've given her another hour if she needed it. She had a rather scary episode in the car, probably because she exerted herself a bit too much without fully recovering from the anaesthetic first. But, she's much better now. She'll probably be back in tai chi in the next 2 or 3 weeks. There was a bit more damage than the doctor thought. E probably won't be joining me in MMAC, but she'll get to do all the things she used to like to do.

Once Upon a Time in Athens - Over the past week, with no club sessions, I've been giving serious attention to working out the various techniques within the TKD and kung-fu forms I know. It's amazing. I'm telling you, if I had the academic resources to put in that direction (as opposed to eventually studying the things I should be), I could write papers about using the simpler (in terms of "nitty grittiness") southeast Asian martial arts as keys to uncovering the techniques inside the more complex (i.e. stylistic) forms/katas of the "mainstream" arts.

0 comments: