Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 07, 2005

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?

Get engaged.

2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Some of them, and yes there are some for '05.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No.

5. What countries did you visit?

I wish. I visited the state of Inebriation several times, if that counts.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?

A wife, my kung fu black sash, a final, concrete career direction.

7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory?

I forget the exact date, but it was the day my parents and I made up.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not having taken care of it sooner.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I got cold-cocked while cheating on a krav maga-style self-defense drill.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My two Chicago concert DVDs.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

E's - every day, for putting up with me.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Everyone who voted for Dubya.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Coffee, coffee and more coffee.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

The most extensive Filipino Martial Arts and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training I've ever had.

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2004?

Robert Lamm's Subtlety & Passion album, which I've played to death, much to E's consternation.

17. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Saved more money.

18. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Drank coffee.

19. How did you spend Christmas?

With E's mom.

20. Did you fall in love in 2004?

Every day.

21. How many one night stands in this last year?

None. Or several, depending on your point of view.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Joss Whedon's Firefly - I think that should count since I saw it on DVD soon after it was released this year.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate last year?

Nope.

24. What was the best book you read?

Toss-up between Tao of Jeet Kune Do by Bruce Lee, The Metrosexual Guide to Style by Michael Flocker, and Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Jazz trumpet player Ingrid Jensen.

26. What did you want and get?

Engaged, a new laptop, a (cheap) mp3 player, and more (training) weapons.

27. What did you want and not get?

More money.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Hero. Supersize Me was a close second.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Worked, and thirty-I

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

My first degree TKD black belt.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?

Being a freshly out-of-the-closet metrosexual.

32. What kept you sane?

Training.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most?

Julian Marshall from BBC's Newshour

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

The election and the fact that Dubya actually got f**king RE-elected.

35. Who did you miss?

The people in my old TKD/kung fu club.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Boomer - my sister's dog.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:

When I fight, I perpetually dodge in and out of range instead of soaking hits. It's great for not being hit, but you don't win battles that way. And, when I do get hit, I get too frustrated with myself and rather than paying attention to the fight at hand, I kick myself because I feel I should've been better than that. That needs to change. Yeah, not too hard to extrapolate that lesson, really.

38. Quote a song/lyric that sums up your year:

It's another toss-up...
Here in this fragmented world, I still believe
In learning how to give love, and how to receive it
And I would not be among those who abuse this privilege
Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge

And I don't mind saying that I still love it all
I wallowed in the springtime
Now I'm welcoming the fall
For every moment of joy
Every hour of fear
For every winding road that brought me here
For every breath, for every day of living
This is my Thanksgiving

My Thanksgiving by Don Henley

Yesterday's news is tomorrow's blues
But today I am alive
Today I did much more than survive
I learned to live by the love I give
It's the only thing I'll own
Shadowed valleys that I've known
Helped me build my home

So tell me why
Why should I be afraid? (Why should you be afraid?)
We've seen brighter, we've seen darker days
Tell me why, why should I be afraid
(Why should you be so afraid?)
Sitting here watching,
It's just another parade
Just another parade

Just Another Parade by Cassandra Wilson
Stolen from here.

0 comments: