Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 07, 2005

As Dr. Smith from Lost in Space would say, "Oh, the pain... the pain." Sure, I needed E to get me in, but it was worth it. Two hours of cardio/pad work. I have to say that as bad as it hurts now, it didn't hurt like I thought it was going to. Maybe that's because this year, I didn't try to keep up with the 20 year olds like I did this time last year. Oh, and I guess the "Coaches Pass" really is in the mail, so last night should be the last time I pay $7.50 to work out.

Sadly, the Club isn't doing weapons this quarter, opting to switch it up by sticking with muay Thai and doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instead. Guess that means I won't have a chance to "play" with the new kamagongs. Oh well, once I have access to the training space whenever I want, I can at least get used to swinging them around the right angles.

One thing I did last night was something I could kick myself for not having thought of last quarter (actually, two quarters ago), and that was to do all the pad work without my glasses. That way, I hopefully won't feel so disoriented when I spar without them like I did last time. After all, I never used my glasses when I did the BJJ drills, and I had more success sparring that than I ever did kickboxing.

The other thing I did was adopt some JKD tips about foot placement and balance. Also, thanks to DATU_B who I didn't know was going to be there, I had help correcting my rather rusty techniques. The only thing I missed (NOT) were my friends BILLY_JACK and KENPO_BOY. Ok, I did miss BILLY_JACK, but only because I had the kamagongs and was waiting for him to do something stupid like jokingly challenge me to a patayan as he often does.

0 comments: