Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Fight Club
Went to Fight Club last night, which started off with an extensive cardio warm-up. Now, I know I said my saving grace thus far was a refusal to keep up with the 20 year-olds, but now I'm wondering whether or not that's what whipped my @$$ into shape relatively quickly this time last year. It sure wasn't the flying spear-knees that we got to do last night, that's for sure. They started BJJ last night, and I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with not hearing the full "Don't be an @$$ and go too hard; don't be a tough guy and not tap" speech. They did give the hygeine speech twice -- too bad BILLY_JACK wasn't there to hear it. Anyway, we did some positioning drills, which was about as well thought out as they were last year. Granted, I'm a no-belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, but when/how/why would you ever need to transition between a mount and the north-south -- unless your intentions have nothing at all to do with Jiu-Jitsu?

Metroeroticism
When was the last time I said anything in this area?

I forgot to relate a story from E's and my trip to Columbus which brought us to the Lennox Town Centre at one point. Since it occurred to me that we might end up in such a place, I purposely wore my dad's now-vintage 70's red-orange leather car-jacket. Anyway, I was briskly walking from the B&N to the Target where E was and ended up walking behind a rather flirtatious gay couple. Now, as I walked around them, I heard the ultimate metrosexual compliment... a listful "Oooh, I like his jacket!"

In the Gnus
I would laugh, heartily, if the implications weren't so completely depressing.
U.S. Ends Fruitless Iraq Weapons Hunt

White House Says Iraq Weapons Search Over; Evidence That Bush Used in Argument for War Not Found

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON Jan 12, 2005 — The search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq has quietly concluded without any evidence of the banned weapons that President Bush cited as justification for going to war, the White House said Wednesday.
More Interesting News
From the Cebuano paper, The Freeman
Tom intervenes, bans controversial arnis duel

by Gabby Malagar
January 12, 2005

Go on with the duel or face arrest.

This was the stern warning by Cebu City Mayor Tomas R. Osmeña to eskrima Grandmaster Ciriaco “Noy Cacoy” Cañete and his challenger Bonifacio “Loloy” Uy not to pursue their eskrima duel because it is “illegal” having no permit issued for that purpose.

Therefore, the highly-anticipated eskrima “Duel of the year” between Noy Cacoy against his former student-turned detractor Bonifacio “Loloy” Uy set yesterday morning at the Cebu City Sports Center did not materialize.
Nevermind that Cacoy is just about old enough to be my great-grandfather. It's just that this duel probably wasn't going to be for points with body armor. Someone was going to end up seriously hurt, crippled, or even killed. Yeah, these things still happen in this day and age -- yesterday, in fact.

0 comments: