Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 30, 2004

POST FIVE
(The same rules as Post Four apply -- please don't hurt me, E!)

We get home around 1:45 am to find that neither of us had keys. E had loaned hers out to a neighbor who agreed to look in on our fish during the times I was away at work. This neighbor went on vacation a few days before E returned. She lost my phone number and thus left me a note, sans key, the day before she left. When E returned we had one key remaining, mine, which we gave to one of her classmates, let's call her RED, to watch the fish.

Somehow, it wasn't clear to either of them to have our keys back in the agreed-upon place for our return. The sad part was, earlier in the day as we were dealing with the tire, RED called us to see when we were coming back. I spoke to her and told her where we were, and although I should've confirmed it, it simply didn't occur to me to mention getting our key back.

Needless to say E and I were kicking ourselves at 1:45 am, and were moments away from kicking each other at that point. Fortunately, our neighbor was back and was kind enough to be roused from her sleep to give us our key. At 2 am, I finally crawled into bed, no shower, no food, no nothing.

Damn, it makes me tired just to think about it.

And now we're back, getting settled in and re-combobulated.

Now, do you see why I hate road trips? I should clarify. I hate road trips where I have to give one iota of consideration to the travelling logistics. Put me in a situation where none of that is my problem, and I'll do fine. But, in my life, I've never been on a road trip where something of this magnitude didn't go wrong. Oh well, what can you do?

0 comments: