Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 27, 2004

Tonight, after a nice dinner out with E and her mother (gourmet pizza, wings and Lambrusco), I got to see a bunch of old pictures. Some were from as far back as the early '60s. I slipped in a few joking comments. Two relatives in matching suits, glasses and buzz cuts seemed to me to be "the only two white members of the Nation of Islam." Two more relatives, husband and wife, in white Salvation Army uniforms caused me to utter "Next stop: Puerto Vallarta." Bad, I know, but E laughed, too.

The best part was watching E sift through these old pictures, and with no prompting from me whatsoever - heck, despite my resistance - she went and tore up any picture she came across with an old boyfriend in it. Now, in my weak moments, I'm as much of a jealous psycho as anyone. In my stronger ones, I can tolerate the boy's presence. I can even pretend to like him. But even in my weak ones, I would never demand she not be his friend anymore or suggest that maybe she tear up his pictures. But that's exactly what she did.

Of course, maybe I'm being just a bit smug. After all, from all accounts I guess I'm being more well-received by E's friends and family than this old boyfriend ever was. I'm either being humble or selling myself short, but IMO, it's less to do with me than this boy's personality. But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

0 comments: