Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 30, 2004

POST THREE

Maybe I shouldn't have made that joke, because it was three and a half hours later before we hit the road again. At this point, I should mention that because I put in for my vacation time somewhat suddenly, I wasn't due to receive my vacation pay until this week. Normally, I would've received it last week which was when I actually did receive it. Lucky for us, because without it, we would've been screwed.

While we were waiting, we went shopping for a few items: some bath items, an 82 cent Hot Wheels car that E wanted, as well as new wiper blades. All these we held onto while we were walking about the store. We got sick of that, so we decided to pop a squat in the waiting area of the auto part of Wally World. She and I made no secret about our disgust and sarcasm about the service. We were -- well, I was -- pretty loud, too.

Eventually, I channeled my bitterness to making comments about random passers-by and the TV infomercial that was on hocking an 8 CD set of 60s and 70s soft-pop music. There was no end to the double entendre you could insert in those songs, especially when you're tired and stressed past the point of giving a $hit about keeping even a modicum of social decorum.

Finally, the tires get changed and we get the f**k out of there as fast as we could. Actually, what we did was change the wiper blades ourselves and left the old blades sitting out there somewhere. I wanted to leave all our trash out there, but E wouldn't have it. Oh well.

0 comments: