Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 09, 2004

ONE
Oh, no they didn't...
Ike Turner's Guide to Restoring America's Honor
by Ken McIntyre
TWO
Here's a Morning Edition segment I was listening to today.
Misunderstanding the First Amendment

from Morning Edition, Monday , August 09, 2004
Commentator Mark Bowden, author of Black Hawk Down, says celebrities have a hard time understanding the real meaning behind the First Amendment's Freedom of Speech.
I'm as much of a stickler about freedom of speech as the next guy. Mostly because I'll never forego a chance to take note about The Man keeping us down. But Bowden is right about one thing -- the First Amendment protects us from being killed, jailed, or tortured by the government for what we say, and that's it. The Constitution simply doesn't provide any prohibitions for other entities, no matter how economically, politically, or socially powerful they are.

Chew on that one.

THREE
I've got to start training again. Except, instead of saying, "Oh, maybe I'll get to it tomorrow." I'm saying "I'm sure as heck not going to get to it until tomorrow at the earliest because I'm wiped from the travelling."

FOUR
Next item on the Update Your Personal Knowledge of Webpage Coding agenda: JavaScript. Unless someone else knows how to emulate frames with CSS, because I sure as hell don't want to use frameset tags.

0 comments: