Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Today was just very draining for some reason. And, not just for me, either, but for more than a few of my fellow workers at the diamond mines as well. The hour always seemed later than it actually was.

I know myself that I've got a lot to do to prepare not only for E's return, but for the upcoming vacation...

Now, I stopped myself just then because I was going to make a few disparaging comments about said trip which could easily be taken the wrong way unless I first explain that I'm the sort of person who recharges his batteries by quiet time and solitude. My energy is mostly internal. As such, I'm not the sort of person who goes to parties, on vacations, or engages in various and sundry activities to relax. I do these things to have good times and hang out with good people, but as a whole, such things don't relax me. They're good stressors -- but stressors nonetheless. They tend to drain my energy. Solitude helps me replenish it. I don't know why, but that's how I and more than a few people, are hard-wired.

The trip will be just the right thing for E and me. It's time alone and away where we can reconnect as well as spend some time with her mother. We'll hang out, we'll see sites, we'll talk and sing and share and all sorts of neat things and I'm looking forward to every second of it.

But I'll be exhausted as hell afterward.

0 comments: