Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 30, 2004

POST TWO

We knew before we left that the car needed an alignment. What we didn't realize was how badly the remaining tire, that we didn't replace over the course of last year, was worn out. Over the last month or so, there was a slight vibration while driving that would come and go. Also, the car would cut to right. These problems got slightly worse on the trip to NY and got noticeably worse on the trip back to the point where E insisted we pull over. We just so happened to be in Erie, PA and I got off at the Mercyhurst College exit where my sis went to school. We stopped and inspected the tire to find the passenger front tire bald in one side and a spot where the tube was starting to push through the tire wall on the other. The service station attendants informed us that the only place nearby to get a tire replaced was the local Wally World.

You have to understand that E hates Wal-Mart and everything it stands for. I hate it too, but I don't feel my soul energy being slowly depleted with every second I spend in that place as she does. I don't feel as if I'm generating negative karma for myself by being there. So, she was not happy when informed that it would be a 1 1/2 - 2 hour wait for the tire to be replaced.

We walked around, laughed at some people, browsed through stuff and ended up in Wally World's food cafe. That's when E made the fatal compromise -- not only did she have to spend time there, she had to get something to eat there, too. She hates the idea of fast food, anyway. Couple that with her hatred of Wal Mart, and you have one pissed off E.

That's when I made the joke about E being Persephone in Hades. Now, she's eaten the food and her soul will be forever trapped there! Hey, it made her laugh. I have to say she's probably the only woman I've ever dated who'd even get that reference.

0 comments: