Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Last night, I came across some video clips (do your own hunting ;)) featuring Masters Ybañez, Sanchez (both Lightning Scientific people) and GM Tatang. Tatang was in his mid-to-late 80s at the time, and apparently suffered a stroke a few days before the video was shot. You wouldn't know it by the way he moved, not when he was using and fending off live blades.

Their demonstrations of the Cinco Teros techniques, armed and empty-handed, really gave me pause. Now, I've finally seen a demonstration of how the timing, footwork, and body torque of the weapons techniques translates into the empty-hand ones.

I've got a feeling I'm going to be burning a hole in my hard drive studying these videos for the next week.

Oh, and I've got an appointment next Wednesday at a local Bando gym training some boxing with my friend from the Diamond Mines that I've mentioned who's only one generation away from Doc himself, who he takes fishing now and again. I'd love to meet him, but I'm scared to death. Our paths have crossed once, and it was enough to make my life think about the possibility of flashing before my eyes ;). By the time I'd see the kukri, it would've already passed through my stomach heh.
Categories:

0 comments: